Wednesday, July 22, 2009

The Dumbest Generation


Bauerlein, Mark. How the Digital Age Stupefies Young Americans and Jeopardizes Our Future (Or, Don’t Trust Anyone Under 30). Penguin Group, 2008.


 

  I thought this book was a really interesting resource for me. It is a brutally honest portrayal of our generation and our use of technology. The Dumbest Generation talks about how technology has made us lazy in every aspect of our lives including relationships. This book also addresses the ties between obesity and technology. It is a concern that the epidemic of obesity could be partly due to things like video games and not enough exercise as children. Bauerlein describes this generation as being very disconnected to each other because of our technological advances; we are unable to carry on a successful relationship. I chose this book because I think it really proves the point that I am trying to make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment